St. Francis Sportsmanship Policy:
As a member of the Central Coast Section of the California Interscholastic Federation and the Santa Cruz County Athletic League, St. Francis High School endorses sportsmanship policies adopted by those bodies.
To insure a positive experience for student-athletes, coaches, and fans, and to promote good sportsmanship, the school must insist on behavior in keeping with the behavioral expectations listed on this document and outlined in the sportsmanship policies of the CCS and the SCCAL.
The campus of St. Francis Central Coast Catholic High School is private property, owned and operated by the Salesians of St. John Bosco. Persons who conduct themselves in a manner inconsistent with the sportsmanship policies articulated in this document will be asked to leave the campus.
Sportsmanship Expectations for Persons Attending Athletic Contests at St. Francis Central Coast Catholic High School:
1. Seating of Spectators
It is the policy of the Central Coast Section/C.I.F. that all persons wishing to audibly cheer or support a particular team be seated in an area designated for or most closely associated with the team in question.
Seating of persons audibly cheering for a particular team in the cheering section or areas most closely identified with the opposing team is to be avoided whenever possible and such persons shall be directed by staff to the appropriate seating location for their team.
2. Behavior of spectators
Persons attending any contest hosted by St. Francis High School who violate the terms of the CCS/CIF Sportsmanship Policy will be asked to leave the premises.
The following behavior is unacceptable at all CIF/CCS high school contests:
1. berating or mocking any school or school mascot
2. berating or mocking any player or coach
3. using obscene cheers or gestures
4. rolling chants or cheers intended to distract players during volleyball services or basketball free throws will not be allowed.
5. displaying negative signs (e.g., ones that make derogatory comment on the opposing team)
6. using artificial noise makers, unless those specifically sanctioned by action of the CCS and/or the SCCAL
7. berating any official